- Ride the Sumatran elephants in the jungle!
- Float down the clear river!
- Go jungle trekking!
- Soak yourself in hot springs!
- Or take a course in how to handle and care for elephants!
The Community Response Unit (CRU) was formed by Fauna & Flora International and elephants were brought in to Tangkahan from Aceh. In some areas where humans and elephants often come in conflict over land use, elephants have been removed to a few "elephant schools". In Tangkahan the elephants were given a new dual function:
- They directly help the rangers to patrol the forest of the national park against illegal logging.
- As an eco-tourism attraction they improve the livelihood of the local communities and in this way indirectly prevent illegal logging.